We have come to the end of Young Frankenstein. As part of our final thoughts on the movie, we brought back several of our guest hosts to provide their closing thoughts as well. Walt and Alan take time to intro and outro each guest, while providing some insight and commentary on the season. After going through all the guests, Alan and Walt then spend time revealing the film they will do in season two. With franchises, it is easy to know the next movie. But, when using the body of work of a particular actor, the audience has no idea what to expect next. We think everyone will be anxious for the return of The Wilder Ride in early 2019.
We need to thank the following folks who were able to join us in our final episode and for providing their thoughts on Young Frankenstein and our first season. Meeting so many extraordinary people has been a wonderful bonus to this Wilder ride!
Our Returning Guests
- Matt “Madman” Gray never saw the film before and gave us several minutes of guest-hosting from a millennial’s perspective.
- Tim Andrews and Jeff Leiboff have a podcast of their own called, Radio Labyrinth. Tim is also a daily voice heard on The Von Haessler Doctrine on WSB Radio in Atlanta. The guys had Alan and Walt on their podcast to help tease season one of The Wilder Ride.
- Barry King of B.K. on the Air has his own weekly radio show heard on WBHF Radio. B.K. along with co-host Commander Clark joined us for 10 episodes of The Wilder Ride, providing their trademark humor and knowledge of the MeTV generation to our inaugural season.
- Sean German hosts Five Mintues of Mime, co-hosts Spinal Tap Minute and co-hosts Groundhog Minute. Sean not only gave us fantastic analysis of the film, but also a full thesis on the three types of immortality.
- Tom Taylor is one of the hosts of the Indiana Jones Minute, reminded us Mel Brooks did a familiar mad scientist bit in The Muppet Movie! Tom is also part of The Movie Hole and ABCDevo and was the first of all three hosts of Indian Jones Minute to join us on The Wilder Ride.
- Doug Greenberg is the host of the Rocky Minute and was the only guest we kept over for a weekend sleepover. Doug helped us break down the scene with Harold, the blind man.
- Dave Dalessandro is host of the Seinfeld Minute and got the lucky draw of wrapping up the last two live-action minutes of the movie, Young Frankenstein.
- Pete Mummert is a co-host on the Indiana Jones Minute and provided the calm, cool, and collected intellectual voice during the single-most uncomfortable minute of the film.
It’s a Wrap!
Even though our first film has concluded, you can still reach out to us anytime by going to our social media outlets or by using the contact form on our website. We are on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We hope you are enjoying being on this Wilder Ride!
The Wilder Ride will return in 2019 with Season Two as we break down another Gene Wilder film, one glorious minute at a time.